Tickets by post
If you are unable to purchase a ticket on-line, please email or call our chairman, Tim Smithers (details below), who will arrange to post one to you (subject to availability).
Due to the need to maintain flexibility this season in our programme and format for our concerts, we are not offering season tickets or requesting the usual subscription from our Friends.
However, in order to help us meet the ongoing costs of running the orchestra this season, there is an option to make a donation when ordering your ticket.
We have capped our audience numbers to enable a degree of social distancing. The seats in the central nave will be unrestricted with potentially minimal social distancing. Distanced seating will be available in the side aisles. In order to help us provide the correct balance, or if you have any special requirements please contact our chairman, Tim Smithers (details below) so we can do our best to accommodate you.
The risk of coronavirus infection cannot be excluded. It is the responsibility of each player and audience member to consider the risks in the light of their own circumstances.
The orchestra is following a strict protocol both to minimise the possibility of Covid-19 reaching our rehearsals and concert, and to minimise the risk of transmission.
Some of the measures apply to all of us – our players and our audience. So please bear the following in mind (following government advice in the Events and Attractions Guidance):
Preventing Covid-19 reaching the concert
Proof of vaccination or a recent negative test result is not a requirement for entry to the concert. However we do ask our players and audience members to consider taking a lateral flow test no more than 24 hour before the event (irrespective of your vaccination status).
Do not attend the rehearsal or concert if you feel unwell or have a temperature, persistent cough, or loss/change of sense of taste or smell; or if at any time in 15 days before the rehearsal you have
- tested positive for Covid-19;
- been instructed to self-isolate by NHS Track and Trace or the NHS Covid-19 app;
- returned to England from any country or territory not on the Government’s “green list”; or
- been in contact with someone who is infected or is self-isolating.
Minimising the risk of transmission
- Please use hand sanitiser on arrival.
- Please consider wearing a face covering to help protect vulnerable members of the audience and orchestra (except for a health or disability reason). Players may remove coverings while playing.
- External doors may be open to aid ventilation, so you may need extra clothing.
- Toilets are available, but please minimise queuing.
- No refreshments are available.
- Please stagger your departure to minimise bunching.
Doors will open from 3.40pm. The concert will be approximately 1 hour.
Tim Smithers contact details: email@example.com 07933 251796